Thursday, April 23, 2015

My Decision Regarding the A to Z Challenge

So, I've come to a decision about this year's A to Z Challenge.

You know those marathon runners who crawl over the finish line a day after the crowd's gone home? 

That'll be me this year. 

See, I like my two themes for this year, but life just got in the way. Why shouldn't I continue posting until I get to Z, though? No matter if I get there by December? At least it means that I don't have a shortage of subjects. 

Okay no seriously, I'm hoping it won't take me two months. I'm not going to post for the challenge today or tomorrow, though. The rest from writing (as untimely as it might be, being as it is smack bang in the middle of Camp NaNo too) is good for me, and I want to get back into the swing over the weekend (which is a long one in South Africa.) 

In the meantime, tomorrow is time for an update to my own bloghop, and it's generally a longish one that I won't inflict on the A to Z crowd that might be zipping through. 

It does come with an exciting announcement from me, though. No, sadly not book publishing related, but still something that's put a spark in my eye. So do stop by if you're curious. 

After the general depro feeling from the last post, I feel I should at least let you know I'm okay. A bit dejected and angry after yet another frustrating day, but okay. Overall, I'm feeling better, which is putting me in more of a writing mood than I was in last time I posted. 

Of course, this means I'm hopelessly behind on my Camp NaNo goals, but hey, I could still pull a rabbit out of the hat this weekend and the next (also a long weekend) that puts me back in the running. 

How are you doing? 

14 comments:

  1. I'm doing fine for the most part. Last night, I was up late (even by my usual standards) working on something about the idiocy of subjective truth.

    Given your bad internet and all the other stuff you've had to do, it's not a shock that you'll be a little behind. I'm happy to have found you this year. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting us know. (So we don't cut you from the list.) Might as well pick up with the letter of the day when you do start again so you finish about the same time as everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't finished last year's A to Z Challenge. Do what you need to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been a day or so behind from the first week. As soon as I catch up, I get busy reading other blogs and leaving comments and before I know it, its 3-4 AM and I have to get up for work in two hours. So, I know how you feel. I'm going to stick with it because I am hosting a crime fiction murder mystery challenge as my theme with a grand prize - Kindle Fire. So, I will finish, I just won't be able to visit as many blogs as I want to. I've given up on my goal of visiting each blog at least once. I had the very best intentions, but like you said -- life gets in the way.

    Take care and thank you for the post informing everyone that you are still in, but will be taking some time off. That was very considerate of you. I am only one day behind as of tonight and I hope to catch up and stay on track by Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too could relate to Misha,
    Due to some problems with my service providers i too am a bit behind, in fact it so happened that while i was embedding a plugin all went offline and i received a msg saying Account suspended. but few days after they fixed the problem by cleaning it the reason they said is a malicious or outdated twitter plugin caused the problem, now now everything fixed and am back to square one
    Thanks to my friend who do the technical thing for my page
    Keep going Misha
    Keep sharing
    Have a good day
    ~ Philip

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt the same way about Nano last year. I started strong, but two weeks in I got sidetracked (I can't even remember with what) and I got so far behind I decided to stop killing myself over it. The planets just weren't aligned...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will be back tomorrow to hear your news.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm barely keeping up with A to Z, and my desk/table area represents my life right now - it's a huge mess of various projects all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least you're blogging. I've been MIA except for promo-for-others posts lately.

    Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stumbling along with a-z..on time, but not terribly gracious! Curiosity piqued!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello greetings and good wishes.

    So far I have not participated in the AtoZ challenge because I didn't have the courage. Knowing my weaknesses, I will not even be able to go half way through.

    I love reading what others write in the AtoZ challenge because the topics are so many and interesting.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Misha :)

    Seeing as you were the only one who wished me a happy birthday via Google +, you have an all-time pass from me ;)

    Need to take a day off? Fine!

    Need to rewrite something? Fine!

    etc. etc. ...

    PS: *Sorry I've been such a crappy blogger buddy... and *thanks* for thinking of me :)

    You rock :)

    No, for real :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hugs.
    Stay strong! Keep up with as many goals as you can.
    Rock on. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  14. MRR sounds like an interesting subject to write about. :-)

    Alex, I decided to go on with the series for now on both blogs because there are some important things that need to be said.

    Hahaha Su, now you've made me feel better. Thanks for stopping by!

    Melissa, I think you had an awesome theme. It must have taken a LOT of work. :-)

    PV that's horrible luck! Glad you got it sorted out, though.

    Tanya, sometimes that's the best way to look at things.

    Thanks, Cathrina.

    Tyrean, I hope things settle down for you again. :-)

    Melissa, but then I've been absent for most of last year.

    Thanks, Andrea. :-)

    Joseph, the A to Z blogs are interesting. Thanks so much for stopping by!

    Awe thanks so much for stopping by, Mark!

    Thanks, Lenni.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.